About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Rockin' it like a ROCKSTAR!!!

I think everyone that comes by my blog is a rockstar. Most of you have your own blogs and create such wonderful pieces of art, I say ART because thats exactly what it is..... It takes a lot of talent to color the images, find the right paper, add the accessories, etc... So, I want everyone to take their right hand and reach around and give themselves a huge pat on the back, bwahahahahaha. Believe me, if I was around I would do it for you. But since I can't this is the next best thing. I love you guys!!!
Ok now to the nitty gritty.... I wanted to showcase my coloring so I made this card to send to Dustin Pike (along with several others) for trying out for his DT. BTW: the DT call is still open if you would like to submit some stuff too! I love his drawings. The possibilities are endless for the images that he creates. This image I found in a coloring book, though. The other cards I made will appear at some time or another on my blog which feature some freebies that he offered on his blog here. You need to check him out...super cute and fun to color images. The rock star stamp I used is from Stampin' Up!, it is a hostess set called A Little Somethin', and I love it. Well, thats all for now, until later...Gotta split...Keep Rockin' like ur a rockstar......TFL
Photobucket

9 comments:

~*Joni said...

Thunk <---CRYSTAL!! That's me falling off my chair on to the floor! Holy moly hun, this card is AMAZING! I saw a small pic of it in my blog dashboard and was already amazed. Your coloring is soooo stinking perfect, I love the washed look on his clothes. The bare spots are so wonderful and intentional. Sometimes people (meaning me) leave white spots that look like I was coloring in the dark. HAHA! I LOVE this! And because your image is so fabulous then yes, I will be a rockstar if it means I can learn tons from you. I can't wait to see what you do with Dustin's images...And btw, I am going to send your hit counter sky rocketing, I'm sending a link to your blog to a bunch of friends right now...

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OH WOW!!! This is AWESOME!! I love your little rock star! You have colored him PERFECT!! Fantastic card!!! This is a winnner!!!
Good luck with the DT call!!
hugz
deb

Stef H said...

Holy moly GF! This one sure ROCKS! get it... ROCK star... ROCKS! I'm getting as funny as you are - bwwwahhaaa! I luv ya, doll!

I really mean it. It's fabulous!

Hugs,

Unknown said...

This card really does show off your coloring abilities! I'm jealous! I'm very new to coloring, so I don't have 1/2 the skills you do:) Love it!

Denise Clark said...

Cool card! You rock too! My son, William, is so into rock! He would love this card!

I noticed on your bio, you are an artist! How interesting! What do you do as a job?

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous!!! I love your coloring!! Great Design!!!

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW~you did an AWESOME job coloring!!!

Thanks Joni for sending me here!

Alex said...

what a nice post - totally brought a smile to my face!! You are uber talented girl, I am so glad we are on the same DT and got to meet!! Your card ROCKS!!! (pun intended, heeeheee!) Your coloring is fabulous - love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jacilynn said...

Thanks Lady! I'd like to think I have an inner rockstar in here somewhere! Your cards rock and you always give me a good laugh with your journaling.
Big hugs,