About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Call me...

ANYTIME!!! Really, you can call me anytime you want..... I don't talk on the phone too much, but I will talk for a little while. Remember these oldie rotary phones. Boy, I do!! When I was a teenager, we only had one phone in the house and it was in the living room..."imagine this".... {dreamy music interlude} the phone rings and its your boyfriend. So who ever answered the phone has announced it to everyone within earshot and possibly a few neighbors. Bwahahahahaha!!! You get to the phone, after several people have picked on you for having a bf; and you know he has heard everything on the other end 'cause there was no such thing as a mute button back then. You are so flustered by the time you get there that you can't even talk, and if you said anything anyway....everyone is sitting there listening to you while they pretend to watch TV. So, needless to say the conversation is short and sometimes sweet. You held to that lifeline between you and your sweetheart even for that brief few minutes..... Ahhhh, to be young again!!!! Ok, card deets: This was actually for a challenge on a new site called Digi Shack, but I messed up, the actual challenge was to use their sketch AND the free digi image. Well, I made the sketch, but I forgot completely about the digi image...HA. Oh well, back to the drawing board.... no complaints from me really, just another excuse to make another card...bwahahahahaha. So, run on over to Digi Shack and download the freebie and get started. Yeah go ahead, I'm finished; for now...HA Until later...gotta split and do another card....TFL

4 comments:

Stef H said...

Fabulous, darling! Fabulous!

We had an "extension" phone in the basement and I used to go down there to "sneak" making a phone call. One day I went downstairs and found my mom had put a lock on it!!!! Bummer! She was some smart cookie!

Thanks for the memory!

Hugs,

Denise Clark said...

I remember these old phones too! Remember the Party Lines? Anyone could be listening to you! And remember the phone numbers? Everything has changed so much!

The card is adorable! Love that phone image. Lots of memories!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

I LOVE IT! That phone is just so cool! I remember ours too, big old thing that weighed about 15#!! LOL
Our phone numbers back in the day started with HEMLOCK!! LOL OMGOSH the memories!!
Wonderful card!
hugz
deb

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Crystal - as always I love your talent! And although I'm not THAT old -giggles- I do remember party lines out in the country and being a teenager and not being able to make a call because Farmer John was talking to Farmer Bob about feed and cattle. LOL And then the next best thing was the new touch tone phones with the tiny little buttons. hehehehe