About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Thursday, April 2, 2009

New rubber coming your way....





(Close up of paper toile shopping bags and scarf.)

Yes, there is new rubber coming your way as in a new online store, its called Modern Sugar Blvd.
The official opening is April 20th. This is a card I made for the DT call...the requirements were to use the shopper digi image any way you wanted... This was my first go at it... The background paper is some new paper I picked up at Mikeys and I loved the colors, and its from 'Me and My Big Ideas' . I cut the grey looking flower on one side to pop on top of the image to fill in some blank space. I colored the image using color pencils, mineral spirits and stump. I went a step further and did paper toile' on the shopping bags and scarf..... I think it added a little sumpin' sumpin' what do you think??? I also added a little bling in the flower centers and used my oval punches for the sentiment, which I hand wrote....
Keep your fingers crossed for me to be chosen. Until later....TFL

5 comments:

Stef H said...

My fingers are crossed and I think I'll try crossing my toes too! Good luck as this is absolutely stunning! That image is great and I just love your touches!

Hugs,

Michele Kovack said...

LOVE This!!! Your coloring is just fabulous!!!

Unknown said...

You did an awesome job! My fingers are crossed:)

Debby said...

I think your blog looks nice but I envision it brighter with more sparkles. Sort of like you. Love this card. I don't think it needs anything else. It's perfect. Good luck with the DT call. Also. Thanks for stopping by and joining in on the fun at the Squigglefly Blog Hop! Hope you are having a terrific day!

Holly Young said...

Crystal, this is great! Your coloring is fantastic and the paper piecing was a stroke of genius. Best of luck to you on your Design Team submission!