About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bloom.....




I have a thing for yellow and white flowers....of course my fav is Shasta daisies, but I didnt have a stamp with a bunch of daisies, so this was the next best thing... The basket and the flowers are two seperate stamps... I colored them using my color pencils, gamsol and stump.... Its a lot brighter IRL. I also used my paper crimper to emboss the dsp behind the image. You see the "bloom" sentiment. I recently acquired a Dymo label maker. Yeah its the old version of squeezing the handle to make the colored plastic tape imprint the letters. Very simple machine to use, very retro. I like how the greens matched and I didnt plan it that way....dont you love when that happens...bwahahahahahaha. The sketch is from a challenge over at Shirleys 2 girls blog. If you want to make a card for the challenge the deadline is fast approaching, so get to stamping!!! But wait, not yet...you have to finish reading "MY" blog first silly. Bwahahahahaha. I also wanted to show you what Harlee did yesterday... She has been out of school for spring break this past week and driving me bananas .....HA! So I told her to grab some scraps and some punches and make something. This is what she came up with...pretty suh..weet huh??? A future creator in the making.... Love it!!!


Well, thats all for today and Until later....TFL





10 comments:

Stef H said...

OMG! Your card is gorgeous! I mean... really, really gorgeous! That ribbon is really pretty too!

and tell Hayley ... way to go! Cute, cute bunny! We know where she gets her talent now, don't we???

My GD loves to stamp with me - she's 3-1/2. I never stamped until 2001 and I was in my 50's - YIKES! Maybe I can get her started early - LOL!

Hugs,

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous! Gorgeous work. Love you take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing in the Twisted Thursday challenge.

What a cute bunny! Hayley , you rock!

Erin Smetak said...

WOW! This card is absolutely AMAZING!!!! I LOVE your tulips!
Fabulous job!!!! I love it!!!

peggysue said...

That is a very pretty card. And what a cute bunny! Yowza! I never would have taken you for a grandma . . . you must have mimicked Dolly Parton or something and gotten married at age 14!

Unknown said...

Both projects are great!

Chelle said...

Your card is real amazing, as is your colouring! Fab job.

Joy said...

gorgeous card, I LOVE IT!

Justine said...

Crystal thank you so much for playing with us this week. I love your take on the sketch. Absolutely love the bunny, tell Hayley WAY TO ROCK THE BUNNY

Debbie said...

Great job! I love the colors!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Crystal this is beautiful! Your coloring is amazing and that sweet image of daisies in a basket is just too much! And how cute is that little bunny. Looks like apples don't fall far from the tree in your house - everyone's talented! Thanks so much for playing!!