About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's not 'JOUST' another day !

Bwahahahahahaha... don't ya love that title... As you can see, that is the sentiment that I put on this card. I left the inside blank, that way any occasion can be "not 'JOUST' another day". This is one of the cards that I submitted to Dustin Pike for his "approval" of sorts...teehee. Keeping my fingers crossed, I so want to be on his DT. This was a freebie image on his blog. He has a freebie every Wednesday...oh yeah...yesterday was Wednesday. So, jump on your trusty steed and go snag you a freebie, if you havent already, I got mine! Bwahahahahahaha. I dont like repeating my self, but there may be a newbie to visit me and they just might want to know how this card was created.
So, here goes.
This is a digital image from Dustin Pike, I printed it out on white card stock, something that has some "tooth" to it. "Tooth" means a little roughness, not slick. I colored it using Koh-I-Nor color pencils, OMS(odorless mineral spirits) and blended with a stump. I, on occasion, will still use my watercolor pencils, but for me the color pencils have a more vibrant look. Then I cut the image out and used dimensionals for a more 3-D look. Added some eyelets and ribbon. Layered it all on an A2 (4-1/4"X5-1/2") size card base. Easy peasy, mac and cheesy!!!!
I have created a pictorial on how I color using the pencils
here. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, I will help you if I can!!! Or if you just want to know more about me...bwahahahahaha. Until later damsels......Gotta split....TFL !
signa.

7 comments:

~*Joni said...

I have a love/hate relationship with your talent. HAHAHA! Crystal, Dustin would be looney if he didn't pick you. You bring his wonderful images to life, as this is the most adorable thing ever! I know that he is also a pencils/OMS guy so make sure you reiterate that. Just to differentiate your style from the copic crew. This explains the incredible look of your coloring, everything is so soft. What kind of cs do you use? I'm having issues trying to find one that I really like for digis...
hugs and happy Thursday!

Stef H said...

You just crack me up. Especially at 5:30 in the morning! This is a stunner. I applied to the DT too but NONE of my submissions as gorgeous as this PLUS I didn't use any of his images (now that's awful). You're a shoo in. I love it!

Hugs,

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

FAB-U-LOUS!! I love this card! I love the colors, I love the image and I love the sentiment!
I would say you have it in the bag!
hugz
deb

Lynn Mercurio said...

LOL...what a fun sentiment and it's a perfect fit for the image. Fantastic card, Crystal!!!

Linda said...

This is the cutest card. I agree with Joni you should be picked. I love the coloring. I keep thinking I should get copic markers but I really like to color with pencils and blend. Thanks for sharing.

Jacilynn said...

Ooh, I really love this image! How did I miss this one? How long ago was it a freebee. The coloring is fabulous! Love this Crystal

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh! This is super cute!!

Smiles,

Brandi