About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Normal.....whats that????

Nothing is normal at my house.... with me in charge....bwhahahahahahaha!


Ok, we got the thumbs up to show you some things the "Sugars" from Modern Sugar Blvd. have been working on. This image currently isn't available for purchase yet, but keep your eyes peeled 'cause it will debut soon, as with many, many more designs, woohoo!!! I did very little coloring of the washer and dryer, but the 'kicker' is the shaker part. I wanted my machines to come alive, almost makes me wish my washer and dryer was really this 'blingy'. Then maybe I wouldn't mind having to do laundry as much...bwahahahahahahaha. It turned out suh-weet, I think!
Deets: Just as I said above, I made a shaker using acetate, dimensionals, glitter and tiny glass beads. If you are not sure how to do it, check out SCS here for the details....very simple, but WOW!!! Found some dsp that I thought had the WOW appeal to it, layered it. The bubble holes were made with a 'Bubble Maker' punch from Creative Memories. The sentiment was printed from the computer. No, I didn't come up with that one on my own....I have a wooden sign hanging in my laundry room that has that saying painted on it.
Until later,bubbles......Gotta split....TFL
BLOG SIG

12 comments:

Stef H said...

This is fantastic! First, it's different; 2d I love shaker cards and can you believe I've never done one???? Slap my wrist!

I've got DH very well trained, not only does he do the cooking, he does the laundry too! He washes, I fold. Great teamwork - ya think???

Hugs,

Joey said...

Hi Crystal, what a fantastic card, I just love the sentiment and the washing machines brilliant. Joey.x

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

GENIOUS!!! WOW this is just so awesome!!! I love everything!!
hugz
deb

Unknown said...

Never in a zillion years would I think to use an image of washing machines!! I LOVE your card! I love seeing every different bloggers take on things. TFS:)

DG said...

This is so cool Crystal without any doubts. The shaker part AKKK too cute!!!!I'm going to have to try one now lol.

Sharon said...

Love the bright colors...make the laundry seem more cheerful...hahaha! Have a great day!

Jacilynn said...

Oooh, tooo funny!!!! Love this card Crystal! You are just a crack up! I bet you are always the life of the party!
Hugs

Debby said...

Oh my goodness you clever girl. This is so darnd cute cute cute! You know you could bling the washer and dryer. What a great idea.

debby4000 said...

Love the shaker machines, fabulous fun card.
luv
Debby

Codi Jo said...

very cute idea. You amke me laugh all the time. oh and got over to the great blog candy you have advertized in the corner.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I lvoe the shaker in the washer and dryer! How creative!! Fantastic card!!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

OMG I almost wee'd myself from laughing so hard! that is my house. My DH and I wrote out the things that we will do and not do when we got married and it went something like this:

1. I cook, DH does the dishes
2. I pee sitting down, DH cleans the bathroom
3. All money found in pockets laundry day belong to the finder (I started putting dollar bills in my pockets so the kids will do the laundry) LOL

I love this card!!