About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"How about....

...some 'peeking' duck?" That's the sentiment that I came up with...Ha!! Get it...he's 'peeking' out from behind the cattails.... I kill me!!!! Bwahahahahahaha. I made this for the challenge at Stamp Something blog. I just had to have this image, its from Whimsy Stamps. I (as most of us) don't make nearly enough 'manly' cards. He just screams, or should I say "quacks" manly...bwahahahahaha!! He would also be just as gorgeous made into a girly card if ya wanted. Anyhoo, back to the deets...the challenge was to use shapes, any shapes and many shapes on your card. I used my cutting system from Creative Memories to get the oval/diamond shape. The large cattails I cut by hand just using my scissors, some dsp, brown card stock, a little ribbon and that's pretty much it. Pretty basic, oh, did you see the target design on the ribbon....get it 'target' ...LOL.
Ok. I'll stop now....but I have more great news to share!!! I'm 'uber excited, I was chosen for another design team. Can I get "whoop whoop"! Its a new online stamp store, called "Modern Sugar Blvd." The store officially opens the 20th of this month, so be on the lookout for new stuff from them and my new designs using their images....I can't wait to get started!!! Until later...gotta split....TFL

6 comments:

Stef H said...

I am so ROTFLMAO! This is gorgeous and your story is hysterical! Peeking duck! bwwahhhaaahhha! You kill me! bwaaahhhaaaa! Can you imagine if we ever met face to face?????? We'd be ROTFLOAO!

Hugs,

Cindy Haffner said...

So cute, super job.

Deb said...

oh wow, very cute and so love the Peeking Duck, so funny!
Have a great evening, Debx

Unknown said...

Love this card! Would have never thought of the cattails:) And, congratulations on the DT duties:) I know you'll be great as always!

Crissy Armstrong said...

That is just hilarious! And so cute! I love the cattails. THis is an amazing card!

Enfys said...

Cute card Crystal and :) funny story. Congrats on the DT
hugs
En x