About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Grillin' like a villain....



I love this BBQ guy....you're gonna laugh when I tell you where I found the image...bwahahahahaha. I was browsing online coloring book images and found this guy. Is he too cute or what??? He looks like my sweety...Jeff (I even added a mustache). Actually I'm gonna give this to him for Father's Day. Jeff loves to grill, even when it raining... Though I doubt I would ever get him to wear a hat like that, or an apron....but I bet he would look cute....bwahahahahaha. Don't worry, I know what you're thinking; that Jeff will see this card before Father's Day. Nope wrong, he nevers reads my blog... I told him that he ought to, 'cause you may never know what I might reveal on here.....Hahahahaha.... I sized it to my liking and printed it out...easy peasy, mac 'n cheesy!!! Of course I colored it with color pencils, mineral spirits and a stump. The hotdog and the word "grillin' " are from those clear stamps in the dollar bin at Mikeys. The 'happy' is from a word sentiment that I got from hobby lobby in the clearance isle.....as you can tell, I'm all about saving me some money.... And to top it off, I made the giggle dots....the blue dots on the side... I used a blue glitter hot glue stick and dropped glue onto my pad and let them cool. Then I glued them on using my tombow glue. The chefs hat and the front of the grill is paper toile, to add more dimension. Oh I almost forgot...I used my black sharpie to draw the squiggly lines that you see also. This is inspired by a sketch challenge from the High Hopes Stamps Challenge Blog.... I still reeling from the news of the DT... I can't wait to get started!!!! Until later...TFL



7 comments:

Codi Jo said...

Hey, Congratulations on the DT pick. You deserve it. I gave you a shout out on my blog today. cause you inspire and TEACH me. Thanks! OH and my DH has a big ole handelbar mustache,too. I love your coloring all the time. great card.

Stef H said...

I'll just bet Jeff is as handsome as this guy - if not more! Because, I think YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!! Now, my hubby WOULD wear the hat & apron. Too bad he talks about grillin' more than he does it! But he sure looks good in the hat & apron!! LOL!

Hugs,

Denise Clark said...

Crystal, PERFECT Father's Day card! Love it! You are right! This guy is adorable! LOL I'm getting into grilling myself. I love making up sauces and marinades. Fun!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

Great card!!!He is so cute!! Hubby just as cute I bet!
Congrats on the DT!! How exciting!!
hugz
deb

Jacilynn said...

how clever of you!!! love this guy. Great card.

Enfys said...

Hi Crystal, great card, love how you designed it. What is it with men and grills? Can't wait to get started on the DT with you
hugs
En

Nilla said...

Hi there, I agree the BBQ chef looks really cool! Love the card! from Nilla in Malaysia