About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Friday, February 12, 2010

Books, books and more books...

As most of you know I'm currently writing a book about the crazy adventures of my Mama. It's a arduous task to say the least. One minute I'm crying the next minute I'm laughing and thoroughly exhausted after a few paragraphs. But I'm determined that it will be finished and published one day. Recently I posted about my friend Linda George that wrote a book about her life as an in-home care nurse. Now, I'm posting about a book that my hubby's dad is in. A small, very small exerpt about him and his courage while under fire during the vietnam war. Below you will see the book jacket and the exerpt and a pic of him overseas.... not sure where the pic was taken or which one is actually Chelsie Rood. But it is him. Jeff is so proud and so am I, even if I never got to meet the man. If Jeff is anything like his dad then I know his dad was a great man too!!!!


Until later, fellow readers..............Gotta read (I mean, split).........TFL!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Stef H said...

you are just full of wonders! what a lovely post.

hugs :)