About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Tut..tut........

         No, that isn't the sound of a train coming at ya.
It's me with another tutorial video.  I'm chugging right along making videos.  I'm actually starting to love doing them.
I have been drooling over all the wrinkled seam binding I have seen on other blogs.  It's gorgeous!!!!

 So, you know I had to try my hand at it.......
Love it!!!!!

After you watch the video, below will be a list of the supplies and if you have any questions, please ask and I will give you all the help I possibly can!!!!
Grab some popcorn and sit back and enjoy!!!!

 

I purchased my Hug Snug (oatmeal color) seam binding from an online store called Zipperstop.com for $7.95 for 100 yds., (thats about 8 cents a yd) but I found another online store (Sewtrue.com)that had some on clearance for $3.00 to $4.00 for 100 yds.(that's half the price); so I had to buy some from there too. But there was only a few colors to choose from at SewTrue.  But if you are going to be dyeing it then it really doesn't matter as long as its a light color, right?
The spray bottles were purchased at Wal-mart for 99 cents each.
Re-inkers; really depends on where you get them from; mine was from SU! and it was $4.95.
Acrylic paint can be less than a $1.00 a bottle....and you really only use a few drops.
 Of course, freezer paper can be purchased just about any grocery store.
It's worth a try....super simple, but with fab results.
Heck if ya want........Zipperstop carries it in a train load of colors....you can buy all the colors you want and just spray with water to wrinkle it.

Until later, tut tuts.........Gotta split......TFL!!!!!!
Photobucket

No comments: