About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

House of Usher......

I'm such a horror movie buff......and there's is nothing like a great black and white oldie.

Vincent Price is one of my fav actors and he starred in the House of Usher...but alas it was in color in 1960.  Oh well, you can't have everything.......much like this challenge.  You can only have one color or shades of that color. It's a Monochromatic Monstrosities challenge at Haunted Design House.   The color choices are black/grey....green....orange...or purple.
I chose the black/grey version as you can see and I used a SU! set called House of Haunts.  I used Versamark and added black embossing powder.  I shook off the excess real hard in order to get a more distressed look. Added some inking with black, some black brads, and a small strip of paper that I crimped.
Make your color choice and create something monsterously magnificent!!!!!
Mmmmwaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Until later, Usherettes......Gotta split.....TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Andrea C said...

fantastic card love how classy the sentiment is x

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is stunning, just beautifully eerie :D
Thanks for playing along with our Monochromatic Monstrosities challenge!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Crystal this appeals to me big time, I also love the old B&W movies I could sit and watch them all day.
Hugs
Lorraine x

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous! Almost like you're looking into a crystal ball. Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD