About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Saturday, September 11, 2010

God bless America.....

This is a repost of a scrapbook page I did a while back.  This is my dad; he served in WWII (Army) and took part of the Battle of Normandy.  He was overseas (as a very young man) for almost 5 yrs.  He told my brother once that when he saw the Statue of Liberty he fell to his knees on the ship's deck and cried because he didn't think he would ever see 'home' again.  
This is one of my favorite pages I have done, ever!!!!!  I only wished that I had his medals/awards, but we had a house fire in 1969 and we lost everything.  But I recently found out that you can order repilcas ....not quite the same but close enough.

Until later, AMERICANS......Gotta split......TFL!!!!!

Photobucket

7 comments:

GabyCreates.com said...

I really like how you created this LO! so vintage!!
thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!
Gaby

Edna Marie said...

OUTSTANDING!!!!!! what a great LO and such an honor to see the picture you have shared of your father thank you very much

Stef H said...

what a fabulous tribute! you are soooooooo good!

hugs :)

Dorcas said...

This is one gorgeous layout! Thank you for sharing!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

liz at liz's paper loft said...

beautiful layout!
liz:o)

Unknown said...

beautiful layout! We really need talented crafters like yourself to join in the fun challenges over at Papercraft Star. If you haven't heard about it already (or already entered before), the challenges are posted way in advance to give you plenty of time to enter and their are lots of great giveaways too! Hope to see you there! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com.

Cristi said...

What an amazing way to preserve the memories!!! What a beautiful layout!!!

Big HUgs
Cristi