About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Monday, March 23, 2009

Wanna cuppa...JOE???

I can just hear the monkey saying "HI, I'm Joe"..... bwahahahahahaha !!! {*wink*} I wanted to create a card for the potluck challenge on StampTV....it was to make a card utilizing something from your kitchen. Bounce on over there and give it a try for yourself, you will have blast. Well I went scrounging around in the kithcen, like I was on a treasure hunt and I found toothpicks, "nah...to hard to glue down"....then I found peppercorns.... "nah, might make me sneeze", then I found a coffee filter and it reminded me that I have a bag of coffee beans that were given to me as a gift (which I have almost used up) and it hit me, no not the bag of beans, the idea to make a shaker card using the coffee beans. So I went to work making the card, and the sentiment was a little tricky...., but I think it turned out OK. I used my square scallop punch to make the corners and again I love that white gel pen.... and the new oval scallop punch. I colored the image using my color pencils, gamsol and stump.... I think that is my new fav way to color stamped images. Until tomorrow...TFL

1 comment:

Kristine said...

:) You're so funny! But seriously...I thought the same exact thing!! I saw the beans first and read the saying and then saw that monkey and thought "He's prolly 'Joe', lol"j -- and YES, I want him! LOL. So would my 8 yr old...she's so crazy for monkeys right now!'

and I meant to say on that last post...Keep applying my dear!! You are obviously so talented, as were soo very many and you're sure to get the team at some point!! I may not even make the team...there's just too many. But definately don't let it get ya down and keep trying!! You are so deserving. Thanks for dropping me a line. I'm adding you to my blog roll right now ☺