About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I recently purchased a new set of color pencils (Koh-l-noor) and I have been coloring everything in sight. Its my new fab way to color images, the colors turn out vibrant and its super easy, and blending is a breeze. I use odorless mineral spirits and a stump. My daughter (who's 9) really likes it too, her blending needs a little work, but I think that has to do with her patience level too. She's like spit on a skillet....she's so hyper. And she would rather be outside looking for bugs anyway, bwahahahahahahaha. She's such a "tomgirl", yeah I know the right word is tomboy, but she doesnt like that, she says she's a TOMGIRL, so I guess there's a little of the girl trying to sneek out of her yet.... bwahahahahahaha. Ok, back to the card....the images are from Starving Artists stamps. I colored the hair red to look like my g-daughters. I tend to color everything blonde like myself, I have to get out doing that all the time. I used a fiskars border punch on the top and the tag punch is from Creative Memories... I love there punches, heck, I love punches period!!!!! I would rather spend money on punches and stamp sets than anything else. Until later....TFL









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you did a lot of cutting in this one! Beautiful card:)

Kristine said...

:) I know what you mean!! I've got 2 little girls...one ♥s the outdoors and the other is a homey, like mommy!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! Great stamps...love your cute border at top and your coloring is FABULOUS!! I know others use that same technique--I've gotta step outside my comfy zone and just try that. I'm sure it's cheaper than Copics. Hmmm, ,maybe you could post a video tutorial for me, LOL!!! ☺
Hugsxxx