About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Shopping anyone???

I love this image...the only thing is there is no coloring involved(which I love to do). But I love the way that it is drawn. I got it from the clearance section of Hobby Lobby the other day and thought it would make the perfect stamp for the red hat papers that I have had in my stash for a while now.
Card deets: Its pretty basic so I will just touch on the highlights. Yes, I used my serger again for a couple of the layers, it adds so much texture. The little embelly in the half circle is actually a mirror that I got at Michaels in the mosaic department, I got squares and circles. I find stuff to use on my cards and scrapbooking everywhere and not just in craft sections either, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, Target, Dollar stores, Home Depot..... the ingenuity of the crafter always amazes me. So, go shopping and keep an 'open' mind to see what you can find.
Until tomorrow.....TFL

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is really great, Crystal. Love the patterned paper, which looks awesome with this adorable stamp. I have a couple of stamps by this designer (can't recall who it is at the moment) and I just love her style. Your card is a great compliment to her image!