About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Friday, March 6, 2009

Mall Rat....'tweener...


Ok, this card didn't start out to be this, don't really know when the change happened but it did and I kinda like it. I was just going to try to paper piece for my first time, and one thing let to another and..... bwahahahaha. First I colored Hanna with my water color pencils and then I started piecing her outfit together and I didnt want to leave it just a long shirt or shirt and pants....I wanted her to look a little 'tween-ish' (word?) so I thought she needed a skirt, and not just any skirt it has to be a mini skirt...so I drew one on the DSP using a sharpie and then I pieced it like the rest of her outfit. So far, so good, I think this is when everything started to change...LOL I thought she looked a lot like the girl from this years Idol that the judges kept telling her that she had an identity crisis, you rememeber the one with the purple streaked hair; so thats how Hanna got the purple in her hair. Then, I got another idea to put something in her hand, I was looking at my stamps and saw this little rat and thought about all the mall rats that you see at the mall. Because any self respecting mall rat would have on a mini skirt and have purple streaked hair, right??? So, I generated the wording on my computer and thats how this card came to being..... whheewww!!! Tomorrow I believe it will be another Hanna, I have another idea that I want to try..... hmmmmmmmm!!! TFL

No comments: