About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Saturday, March 21, 2009

30 isn't so bad....

That was what I wrote inside the card...my oldest turned 30 yrs old recently....OUCH!!! How old does that make me???? I have 4 children and their ages this year will be...30, 28, 26 and 10, yep you read it right...bwahahahahahaha. I was 18 when I had my first and 38 when I had the last. By the time Harlee has graduated from school, I will have been raising kids (kids living in the house with us) for 40 yrs. WOW...scary huh???? I was explaining that to my older children, because they want me to babysit the grands once in a while, and I dont mind to watch them once in a while. But I cant do it on a regular basis. I'm so over diapers, bottles, waking in the middle of the night...etc...... Does that make me sound bad??? I hope not, I think it just makes me sound TIRED....bwahahahahahahaha. Dont get me wrong I love them with every breath I have in me, and I would walk in front of a bullet for each and every one, but I'm tired now......LOL.
Ok, back to the card.... I loved this dsp, you see my oldest daughter is married to a rocker of sorts...he's in a band and they are very good. The band name is "Stand Alone", you can google them I think. You may want to check them out....anyway back to the card again. I had these metal tags and I thought it looked very "band-ish", is that a word? bwahahahahahahaha. It needed a little something after it was all put together, so I took a chance and serged down both sides of the card and i think it turned out pretty kewl. A kewl card for a kewl chick. Kewl...do they even say that anymore???
Oh well, until tomorrow.....TFL

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fantastic card. I'm sure your daughter will love it, and one day soon she too will be asking how did I get this age so quickly. I can so totally related. I can't believe my oldest will be 33 this year! Certainly we are not old enough to have kids in their 30's...lol

Don't feel bad about not wanting to babysit all the time. My granddaughters were brought into the family after the baby stages, and to tell you the truth, I'm sort of glad. Being a grandparent is all about the fun part of kids...not the hard word...we've been there done that! :)

Have a great day!