About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Delighted......


that you have found my blog..... this one is a challenge card for yesterday on SCS. Its to try a new technique ( a ribbon frame) and I love the way it turned out. Isn't it very pretty, you can make a very ordinary card seem extra-ordinary with just a little ribbon. The stamp set that I used is a older one from SU called paint prints. I didnt have a pink that really matched well, so this is the result of first stamping the image on scrap first to remove some of the ink and then stamping your image, makes for a lighter image. Again, I used the ovals from SU, I just love them.
Ok, now I have a little gripe...NO, not with you..... its regarding my other half. Do any other stampers experience this? I can be upstairs all day, just doing my thing around the house and not a word from Jeff (he's working from home and taking college courses too) so he is in front of the computer 24-7. But....the minute I go down stairs to my studio, he starts hollering for me. Its like he has radar or maybe one of the stair steps is rigged (note to self: check steps tomorrow). So, then after about the 2nd or 3rd time I get beckoned I hurry to get done so my creation looks like Dr, Frankenstein had a hand in creating it. Today for instance, I made two other cards before I finally decided to post the one above. Well, I guess it could be worse... hmmmm... SO, Happy St. Patty's day to ya, Erin go bragh!!!!!! TFL

2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my, this turned out beautifully. I love the way your ribbon just flows around your image. I'm glad you liked the technique yesterday!

Happy St. Patty's Day to you!

Unknown said...

That is so typical of a DH. Mine is fine if I'm just sitting there with him doing nothing. But the minute I want to go putz in my craft room he's annoyed. Glad I'm not the only one. Love your card today:)