About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

No 'bloomin' idiot here.......

This is what became of the flowers that I showed you how to make yesterday.


I  couldn't find a styrofoam ball in my stash (used them all I guess), so I created one using some old packing material. Also, I didn't want to go out into the rain to my tool shed to find a dowel so I created one with skewers. Hot glued the skewers into the hole on the bottom of the pot and inserted the 'ball' on top. Stuffed the extra styrofoam into the pot for filler.

After gluing all the flower onto the ball, I added some leaves cut out of paper ribbon....yes, I still have tons of that stuff in my stash......bwahahahahahahaha.  Found some river rocks that was in an old pot. Tulle was tied on and I thought it needed something else, so I added a butterfly with a little extra tulle under it.

You know I HAD to create a card to complete the package.  I saved one flower and added more paper ribbon that I cut-out with the top note die. Sponged lightly around the edge.  Ohhhh, I almost forgot.  I added halp pearls to the center of all the flower too.  
 


Close up of the butterfly.... It's from some MS wedding stuff.

Wow, who knew old manilla folders could be soooooo beautiful. 
As an artist I tend to look at things very differently. I hope you do to as you may never know what will fall out of your head.....bwahahahahahahaha!!!
Hope you enjoyed this journey.  I really enjoyed creating this and I hope it will make a great gift for whomever I decide to give it to.   

Until later, blossoms..........Gotta split.......TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love love it. I will have to try this thanks for showing

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWWWW Crystal this is absolutely brilliant those flowers look awesome and what great inspiration and creativity you sure do rock girl, lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x