About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Friday, April 9, 2010

Another Cricut creation.....


With the expression you can load a 12" wide piece of paper....so I was sitting there thinking one day that I could make a mat for pictures. I know all of you have seen these specialty mats and they are pretty darn expensive...they can have any variety of words, images, etc..... So, I made one with the cricut. The brown paper is cut and the rest of the paper and pics are layered behind it. The "kids"word is from a font called Tough Guyz and you can find it to download for free just about anywhere on the internet. "Grand" is a basic scroll type font from my font folder already pre-loaded....sorry I can't remember the name. I cut the brown paper first and used the shadow feature to create the larger opening for the letters on 'kids' and then I cut the ivory paper on the normal font setting to get the actual font lettering....to allow it to show behind the brown paper. I hope that explained it pretty well.
The fence is from an original sizzix die and the flowers and greenery are from punches.
Hope you like it....I LOVE how it turned out. This would make a great house warming present using the surname of the family, or for a child's room, etc...... the possibilites are endless.
Until later, Crickets.......Gotta split.......TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Stef H said...

oh you really let the artist come out on this one! fabulous! and i can't believe you have grand kids!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

This is a fabulous project! I have been debating about buying the Expressions but the more projects I see like this, the more fun I think I could have! So wonderful!

Janna :)

JoAnn said...

I love it! I'm a grandmother myself and I think I will make me one of these. I would make my mom and dad one but that would be a lot of letters with 22 gandchildren and great grandchildren. maybe a book, using the letters in this way. Thanks for the inspiration.