About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Turn a new page....

I'm currently writing a book about my Mama. She was quite the character, thats one of the reasons formy long absense. It's exhausting....when I get thru a story I'm either crying my eyes out or I'm laughing so hard I got the pee giggles......Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!! One day it will be completed. I hope to get it published one day.
This brings me to my card or today: I have a friend that actually had a book published and she is having a booksigning today and I'm going to give her my support. Her book is titled "Those Special People". You can get it online at most of the book store websites. I haven't read the book yet, but she tells me its stories of 'special' people that she has worked for and cared for. She is an in-home care nurse and she has a lot of patients that have mental disabilities. She's a very 'special' person herself. So I made this card for her. The image I found online and colored it using my colored pencils and OMS. The wording is from a clear stamp set. I think its very appropriate for the occasion. The books almost look like they are floating..... I think these books have a little magic in them.

So to all those budding writers/authors, keep on pecking at those keys...because you could be the next big seller. Keeping my fingers crossed for my book.

Until later, Dreamy readers..............Gotta split.......TFL!!!!!!!!
BLOG SIG

2 comments:

Stef H said...

wow! how cool to know an author! can i say that when your book gets published???? LOL.

and such a gorgeous card. your coloring always amazes me. absolutely gorgeous!

hugs :)

coldwaters2 said...

Do you know Crystal I am in awe of you, the murals now book writing you are one very talented beautiful lady. I wish you good luck with the book. This is one fantastic card the papers, the sentiment and that image...your friend will surely treasure it.

Hugs
Lorraine x