About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Thursday, May 12, 2011

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ Put your records on........

and go ahead let your hair down ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

I scooped these up from a local thrift store for 25 cents each. I knew what I was planning on doing with them as soon as I got home.

First I washed; yes I said washed the lp's.  Never hurts to have clean music, does it?? LOL 

 

Then I wanted to heat things up a bit ......


 This music is getting hot now.......

 I made bowls for a birthday party coming up..... Harlee's.  She wants to have a dance competition, karaoke, pretty much music related activities.....  so what better serving bowls than ones that actually have music on them......  ROCK ON!!!!! 


 It really was super duper easy to create these.  You want to know how.....well listen up!!!

First, preheat the oven to approx. 200 degrees.  You don't have to wash them first; but I do recommend washing them at some point before the snacks go in. 
 Talk about 'dirty dancing'.....bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Then find a bowl or pot that can withstand the heat, (glass, metal, etc...) that you want to form your record around.  Place the form/bowl on a cookie sheet or as I have used, a pizza pan.

Watch it closely and it will take just a minute or two, not long at all.  When the sides slump down and are pliable you can take it out and start pressing the sides down even further to create the shape you are looking for.  Once its cool enough to handle remove it from the form/bowl and continue to shape it until it cools completely.  

I had all three bowls finished quicker than it took the oven to pre-heat.

Until later, twisted sisters........Gotta split.....TFL!!!!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Tanya S said...

OMG This idea freakin' ROCKS !! Yep ,pun intended.I definetly gonna try this!! TFS