About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Monday, April 9, 2012

Let's make a deal....

My mom was a game show junkie. 
 She didn't watch soaps, but she watched every, and I mean every,
 game show out there when I was growing up. 

I'm telling my age a bit, but I remember watching "Let's make a Deal" with 
Monty Hall.  As a kid I loved watching that one because of all the
crazy costumes people wore.  
The best part was watching people trade off what they had already won for what was behind the infamous doors 1, 2 or 3.

Sometimes their trading didn't turn out as expected.....but it was very fun to watch.

As soon as I saw this sentiment (#3906) I thought of those fond memories.....
my mom yelling at the T.V. telling the contestants what they should do....
her stopping her household chores long enough to watch the show....
All the while wishing she was one of those contestants.

If my mom was around today I would send her this card
 as a reminder of the fun times we had watching those silly shows.


More details about this card:

Danger sentiment #6172 (stamped onto the DSP)
Card base is baby blue with a black mat and DSP (w/houses) 
I hand cut the cloud and added glitter around the edges.
I adhered it all together using Miracle Tape.
I pop dotted the woman and the cloud. 

This is my first post as a new member of the new
 Design Team of Viva Las Vegastamps!

They have stamps to please any stampers taste buds.

Stop by there and give them a look-see!!!
I've included all the links so you don't have to do a mad search for anything that I have used on this project. Just click on the link and don't forget to peruse around.....!!!

Until later, newbies.......Gotta split.......TFL!!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

flowerdisco said...

first, congrats on your new dt duties.

i do too remember that show and all the customs, hehe.

the card is adorable and even before i read the story behind it i was here from reader, :P

my son had a stage in his life where he also watched every game show he could, lol

Pressure Cooking Recipes said...

Appreciate this blog post