About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Shake your tail feathers.....

I have a full house on Thanksgiving. 
 We have 4 childrens and 4 grandchildren.

They all want to know when dinner is ready.  Now I have a 1 ass kitchen, meaning its small and 
my ass is the only one that should be in it......LOL

If I could change one thing about our house....
it would a much much much larger  kitchen.  

So, to keep all the hands and asses out of my kitchen I like to get the others involved in something creative.

We set up a fold out table for the kiddies to eat on and its also the hub of creativity before hand.  I use butcher paper for the "tablecloth" and give them all crayons to draw on the paper with.  
I also include games and activities for them to play. 
I also have some sort of craft for the 'mommies' to help the younger ones with. 
{shhhhh don't tell them but its to keep them out of my kitchen too...bwahahahahahaha}

Below is a game for the wee ones to have fun with. 
I didn't come up with this; 
I saw it on the web somewhere and loved it.

The idea is to give each player a featherless turkey and then 6 (feathers) clothespins.
They take turns rolling the die and the first person to shake his tail feathers win....
or you could have a "feathered" turkey and the first one to pluck him for dinner is the winner.  Cute huh??????

I think we are going to play to first game and they have to actually stand up and shake their butts when they complete the turkey.....
(I made 6 of these, just in case one of the moms/dads want to play)

I cut out everything by hand using scissors and 
some chipboard for stability,
 then I covered with cardstock. 
Oh, except for the hands.....
that was cut out using a mickey mouse die and my Big Shot.
Added some googly eggs.
I have a small flip flop punch and
 I used the thong part for the wishbone.
{to give them all good luck while playing}
I painted the clothes pins and now the turkey is ready to 
"Shake his tail feathers"
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Until later turkeys......Gotta split......TFL!!!!!!
Photobucket

4 comments:

GiGi said...

This looks like a fun game! I love your turkey with his clothes pin tail! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

LuAnne said...

Leave it to you Martha Crystal to find a way to construct a wish bone...this is too cute.

Karen H said...

What a unique game! :o) The little turkey is so cute, too... love his eyes, the patterned paper, and all the different 'feather' colors! Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Couture and Croissants said...

Thanks forr a great read