About Me

My photo
I would classify myself as an artist. It took me a while to finally accept that monicker, but that's what I am; AN ARTIST!!! I have a wonderful hubs that supports my "talents" in most all avenues, except maybe when the credit card bill comes in the mail...LOL And I have 4 great kids and 5 beautiful grandchildren that I love to pieces. Come on by and sit a spell and "STAMP 'TIL YA CRAMP!!! & "CROP 'TIL YA DROP!!!"

Friday, September 9, 2011

Look what I 'kanji-ed' up.......

Kanji is pronounced like con-gee.


I was cleaning my studio and like most of us crafters,  I moved some clear stamps sets around and "BAMMM" my creative mojo karate chopped me in the head. 

I found this clear stamp set in the clearance aisle of my local Michael's.  I'm not really into the whole Japanese style.....but before I knew, like a sneaky ninja it was in my buggy.

I already had a 6"X6" paper stack that had an oriental feel, that's the blue layer.  I stamped her right onto a page from a book (see below) and then colored her with color pencils, and blended w/ OMS and a stump. I love how the wording shows thru the image.



The book below I found at one of our local thrift stores...... it looks like a Japanese text book of some sort.  So, if there is any foul language, I want to apologize in advance to anyone that can actually read this. Lord knows I can't read it.....
 It just looks very beautiful to me.  


Then I used my Pagoda cartridge and created the kanji symbol with the tag feature key for laugh/laughter.  I mean, look at her, she really looks like she's laughing to me.  A few jewels for her hair and she's ready to パーティー  (<---means party).


Until later, nighttime stamping ninjas.......Gotta split.......TFL!!!!!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Stef H said...

boy! i'd bet we'd be dangerous together in michaels! what super finds.

hope all is well.

hugs :)

TuttleTime said...

Oooooo...another cartridge I hope to "play" with during our retreat. :) I love this...